Sunday, June 07, 2009

June 6, 2009

Paraglide Launch - Stables

By: Davey Gravey Difficulty: 2.0 Terrain: 3.0 Container: Regular


Somehow I thought there was going to be more to it once I got to GZ. You know, kinda like the behive of activity up at Ft. Funson. I suppose the distance from parking rules out most spectators from making the trek. There were dozens of paraglides up in the sky however. Very cool. Several flew overhead as I made the grab. I wondered if they were paying any attention to me or if they were concentrating so completely on staying aloft that I didn't even register. Great views along the coast here. Thanks for bringing me to the location!



Twin Peaks

By: irwinSports Difficulty: 1.5 Terrain: 2.0 Container: Small


A busy day a the top! I had to wait out a couple before I made the grab, and then had another group join me prior to the replacement. Not that I was in any hurry to move on! The views were fantastic, and the breeze was quite pleasant. I spent quite a while watching a hawk float motionless above the ground riding the air current while it searched for prey. What a magnificent sight! TFTC.



Franciscan Complex - Fossils and Ash

By: cmilono Difficulty: 1.0 Terrain: 3.5 Container: Not chosen


I hiked down to GZ from Ft. Funston. The beach was quite busy on a gloriously sunny day. I was truely suprised by what I found. Very interesting! Thanks for teaching me about the geological formations of this part of the San Andreas fault.







Los Pechos de la Choca

By: WalruZ Difficulty: 1.0 Terrain: 1.0 Container: Small


After dropping my Mom and son at the Orpheum for Wicked, I had a few hours to burn. The views were crystal clear, and there were plenty of folks enjoying them. I zeroed out at one end of the concealing structure, but eventually found the cache closer to the middle. I wonder if it has migrated a bit? Thanks for bringing me up to the top of Twin Peaks!



Fort Funston Webcam

By: dgreno (with forman) Difficulty: 2.0 Terrain: 1.0 Container: Not chosen


A great day for hang gliding, and I spent a good bit of time watching. Thanks for pointing out this camera, and providing the chance for another smilie in a very interesting place!



No comments: