Tuesday, March 24, 2009

March 17, 2009

Welcome Welcome

By: FASTFRANK WANDA Difficulty: 3.5 Terrain: 1.5 Container: Small


The camouflage on this cache is painfully worn. I'll bet the boys down the street who watched me leave examine the contents of the cache on a regular basis. I'm glad they're respecting the game. Thanks!




Little Black Box;8

By: Yankee Transplant adopted by TR Trash Rats Difficulty: 1.5 Terrain: 1.5 Container: Micro


Got it. Had to dodge a guy on his smoke break. TFTC.




Little Black Box;7

By: Yankee Transplant adopted by TR Trash Rats Difficulty: 1.5 Terrain: 1.5 Container: Micro


On the first pass I'd forgotten my flashlight. On the second pass I didn't need it. Sigh.




Little Black Box;6

By: Yankee Transplant adopted by TR Trash Rats Difficulty: 1.5 Terrain: 1.5 Container: Micro


The prickers on those bushes are sharp! TFTC.




Little Black Box;5

By: Yankee Transplant adopted by TR Trash Rats Difficulty: 1.5 Terrain: 1.5 Container: Micro


The prime parking space was taken, so I had to walk a few extra feet for this one! TFTC.




Up a Tree

By: Five Cache-ka-teers Difficulty: 1.0 Terrain: 1.0 Container: Small


Out for a St. Patrick's day cache run, this was the first cache I was able to search for. The previous two were in parks packed with people enjoying the weather after several days of rain. TFTC!




My name is Earl

By: rods ropes Difficulty: 1.5 Terrain: 1.5 Container: Not chosen


I don't understand the name of the cache, but I did find it. A sheriff drove by while I was extracting the log sheet. He hesitated, but didn't stop to ask if I was ok. Late for dinner I suppose. TFTC.




Dead

By: Five Cache-ka-teers Difficulty: 1.0 Terrain: 1.0 Container: Regular


The owner of the adjacent business was packing up for the day, and gave me a double take. I quickly raised the widget to my ear cell phone style and started an animated conversation with the WAAS satelite. He was none the wiser. TFTC.




Hickory Trickery

By: FASTFRANK WANDA Difficulty: 2.5 Terrain: 1.5 Container: Small


I wandered around aimlessly, attracting idle attention others in the park until eventually stubbing my toe on the well concealed cache. By then, the muggles were bored, so I was able to make the grab. Thanks!




Cache Road

By: FASTFRANK WANDA Difficulty: 1.0 Terrain: 1.5 Container: Regular


I've now gotten a thorough tour of this area. Thanks for pointing out the routes that have been passed up by 'progress'!



Cache only

By: rods ropes Difficulty: 2.0 Terrain: 1.0 Container: Not chosen


Due to recent rains, the log is now soaked. Fortunately I had my fine point sharpie to sign with. I'm not a fan of those cork stoppers. Thanks for a creative hide that brought a smile to my face though.




Education in Motion

By: shadowrider03 Difficulty: 1.0 Terrain: 1.5 Container: Regular


Thanks for placing a cache for me to find! I'm visiting the Greenville area from the San Francisco Bay Area in California for a work assignment. It was great to get out and enjoy the sunshine after all the rain that's come down recently. TFTC!




Under A Dollar

By: The Scout Master Difficulty: 1.5 Terrain: 1.5 Container: Micro


Thanks for exposing me to everyone coming and going! I studied this one for a few moments from about 50 feet away. Once I knew where the cache was, I approached and made the grab without stopping. Thanks!




Westside III

By: FASTFRANK WANDA Difficulty: 1.0 Terrain: 1.5 Container: Regular


Everyone who leaves the parking lot has to pass by this spot. In my neon yellow t-shirt, I really stood out. I suspect everyone in the dozen or so cars that passed by thought I was quite strange! Good fun.

No comments: