Tuesday, March 24, 2009

March 19, 2009

Saprolite

By: The Scout Master Difficulty: 1.5 Terrain: 1.5 Container: Small


It doesn't look like a special rock...oh, wait, let me correct that since I did find a cache nearby...yes, most definitely, a very special rock! Thanks.




A Rite Xylem Wall

By: The Scout Master Difficulty: 1.5 Terrain: 1.5 Container: Micro


Thanks for placing the cache in a location that allowed some privacy!




Cami's Cat Cache

By: SYJC - GeoTeam Difficulty: 3.0 Terrain: 2.5 Container: Small


Tonight was the last chance to cache before returning to CA tomorrow. As usual, I was out and just following the arrow. Geo-roulette, and I hit the jackpot. The hike to the falls was well worth the effort, and I appreciated a little reward in the form of your cache along the way. Thanks for pointing out a remarkable place!




OLD FRIENDS

By: blueberryjoy Difficulty: 1.5 Terrain: 1.5 Container: Micro


I haven't converted any of my old friends to geocaching, but I sure have made a lot of new friends through the activity. Thanks for giving me a chance to reflect!




...Redworm's Cache

By: OzGuff Difficulty: 2.5 Terrain: 2.5 Container: Small


Straight up the hillside was tough today. The fallen leaves were slick from the rain. Going up was okay, but traversing over to GZ and decending were a challenge. Fell once on the way down. TFTC.




Between Caesar Head and Table Rock

By: Polar Fleece Difficulty: 3.0 Terrain: 1.5 Container: Not chosen


Wow! Nice twist. I've seen this hide location (of course!) and cache container (pretty unusual actually), but never together like that. Very enjoyable hunt. TFTC!




Parietis Bellicus

By: Polar Fleece Difficulty: 2.5 Terrain: 1.0 Container: Micro


Everyone but one fellow focused on where they were headed. So I had to wait him out. TFTC.




MTP TR

By: The Scout Master Difficulty: 1.5 Terrain: 1.5 Container: Small


Hey! It's not a Rite-Aid. What's up with that? TFTC!




Behind the Rainbow

By: The Scout Master Difficulty: 1.0 Terrain: 1.5 Container: Small


The establishment was quiet and dark despite the fact that a sign in the window said that it should be open. After finding the cache, I noticed the sign along the street out front saying 'Thanks for 50 years of memories!' I wonder if the owners have decided to retire? TFTC!




On the Way to Keowee

By: jratzlaf Difficulty: 1.5 Terrain: 1.5 Container: Micro


The log was completely soaked, but fortunately I had a fine point sharpie to make my mark. Sorry I didn't have a replacement. TFTC.




Bear Island

By: FASTFRANK WANDA Difficulty: 1.5 Terrain: 1.5 Container: Small


I had to dodge the fishermen, but otherwise it was a quick find. There were several other much more challenging hiding spots nearby, so I was glad to find the cache were I did. Thanks.




Always # 33

By: firefrog69 Adopted by FASTFRANK WANDA Difficulty: 1.0 Terrain: 1.0 Container: Micro


I think this cache's days are numbered. They're building some shops behind the object that conceals the cache, and pretty soon they'll take it down. I spent some time watching the workers install an overhead support beam. They used a forklift and a single chain to get it in position. Looked a little dicey to me! Glad they didn't drop it. TFTC.




High-end Cache by the Lake

By: The Animator Difficulty: 3.0 Terrain: 3.5 Container: Regular


With recent rains, the lake is really full. That made for a little excitement as I crossed the 'spillway' area. I had to pass a trio of no tresspassing signs to find solid ground to walk over to the other side. Then it was a bushwhack up. This is the third cache in a row where I've had to do the same thing. There are plenty of good hiding spots down low, but no...ah well, that's what you told me you were going to do. Pretty spot. TFTC.




Kayaker 007's birthday cache

By: kayaker 007, kayaker 1967 Difficulty: 1.5 Terrain: 2.0 Container: Regular


Went to the wrong spot. Cursed my misfortune after realizing that the coordinates are wrong. Slipped and fell on the way down. The leaves were wet, and that made things a lot worse. Eventaully got it. Suprised no local has put an SBA on this cache with the owner obviously AWOL.




Heritage Green

By: FASTFRANK WANDA Difficulty: 2.0 Terrain: 1.0 Container: Micro


First of this afternoon's run. It looks like a potentially busy spot, but I didn't see anyone outside. The widget was pointing to the wrong side of the driveway, but I spotted the cache quickly. Thanks.




Trust Me!

By: NC_Ron Dianne Difficulty: 3.5 Terrain: 4.0 Container: Regular


I was out playing geo-roulette on my last night in SC before returning to California tomorrow. Randomly following the arrow from cache to cache, what were the chances I would end up here! What a jackpot! A tough hike along a steep trail, but well worth the effort. Thanks for showing me a little bit of the natural beauty of this area. There's now a mansion on a little knoll just below the falls. What a view from those windows! Jealous. I was really sad I didn't have my camera to capture the moment, but I'll treasure the memorie s. Thanks for the cache!

No comments: