Thursday, March 19, 2009

March 14, 2009

GeoChess ? White Bishop 1

By: Cache Attack Difficulty: 1.5 Terrain: 1.5 Container: Small


An interesting discovery there in the bushes! A couple of ladies over in the grocery store parking lot accross the street glanced at me suspiciously, but I smiled and waved. They looked away, embarrassed that I had caught them in the act of being busibodies. TFTC.



GeoChess ? White Knight 2

By: Cache Attack Difficulty: 1.5 Terrain: 1.5 Container: Small


I can confirm that the knight is still at his post. However, he is nearly overwhelmed by worms that are storming the keep. I had to remove about 5 of them in order to open the lid of the container. This is a tricky hide! TFTC.



GeoChess ? White Knight 1

By: Cache Attack Difficulty: 1.5 Terrain: 1.5 Container: Small


What a cool place to play if you're a student at the school! I was glad that classes weren't in session though. It made parking and access much easier. TFTC.



GeoChess ? White Rook 2

By: Cache Attack Difficulty: 1.5 Terrain: 1.5 Container: Small


There was a dance in full swing at the community center near this cache when I arrived. Fortunately I was able to find a parking spot though. Also fortunate was the fact that the lid of the cache container has some reflective property, and my headlamp picked it up right away. TFTC.



GeoChess ? White Rook 1

By: Cache Attack Difficulty: 1.5 Terrain: 1.5 Container: Small


I think my brain was starting to get a little addled with all the letters and numbers. I had to go back to the cache a second time because when I got to the car, I couldn't remember what the code was! TFTC.



GeoChess ? White Queen

By: Cache Attack Difficulty: 2.0 Terrain: 2.0 Container: Regular


I figured the coordinated of this cache over a burger in the front seat of the car. I was a bit nervous about whether the coordinates were correct. Did I make a mistake? Copy down an incorrect code somewhere? Approaching GZ, things looked somewhat promising. I saw an access road, but thought it was a driveway, so decided to park in the nearby church lot. Approaching around the lake, I was suprised by a dark car that suddenly roared to life and headed out. Some sort of lover's lane back there? I guess they were suprised by me too. Soon I realized that I was going to have to go down in a low, swampy area. I stumbled around in the dark, and finally spotted a likely spot. Hmmm. Nothing visible. So I jabbed in there with a stick and heard the satisfying clunk of metal. It was completely covered in mud and branches, but everything inside was clean and dry. Taking the code sheet, I happily moved on. TFTC!



GeoChess ? White Pawn 7

By: Cache Attack Difficulty: 1.5 Terrain: 1.5 Container: Micro


Noticing the ivy as I drove up, I let out a groan. Dusty with pollen, sticky with sap, yuck! Fortunately, this cache was not in the ivy! Thanks! There were a few prickers to contend with though. TFTC.



GeoChess ? White Pawn 6

By: Cache Attack Difficulty: 1.5 Terrain: 1.5 Container: Micro


Nicely done! I laughed out loud when I spotted this one. TFTC!



GeoChess ? White Pawn 5

By: Cache Attack Difficulty: 1.5 Terrain: 1.5 Container: Micro


This one took way too long. I was total fixated on a dead tree nearby that looked really suspicious. As I started expanding my search radius, a familiar theme presented itself. TFTC!



GeoChess ? White Pawn 4

By: Cache Attack Difficulty: 1.5 Terrain: 1.5 Container: Micro


As I drove up, Brits Bassetts was inspecting the area for likely hiding spots. I flashed my widget at him, and we started to search. Shortly thereafter, we had the cache in hand. Nice to meet you!



GeoChess ? White Pawn 3

By: Cache Attack Difficulty: 2.5 Terrain: 2.5 Container: Micro


The start of my GeoChess adventure. I clawed my way through the brambles, getting soaked by water dropping off of the plants as I pushed my way to GZ. The search went on for about 20 minutes. I decided to give up, thinking I would move on to other caches and hopefully get an idea of the owner's hide style. Hesitating for a moment, I turned around and BAM! There it was. Whew! What a struggle. TFTC.



GeoChess ? White Pawn 2

By: Cache Attack Difficulty: 1.5 Terrain: 1.5 Container: Micro


I drove to within 20 feet, but that didn't make the find any easier. Reading the old logs, I noted that the cache was visible to from parking at the right angle. So I stood there and voila, there it was. Those containers really blend in! TFTC.



GeoChess ? White Pawn 1

By: Cache Attack Difficulty: 1.5 Terrain: 1.5 Container: Micro


No need to check on it...the cache is safe and sound. I didn't see any evidence of gardening going on. It was quite muddy and wet on the approach though. TFTC.



GeoChess ? White Bishop 2

By: Cache Attack Difficulty: 1.5 Terrain: 1.5 Container: Not chosen


After getting the code for the missing P8 cache, Cache Attack and I arranged to meet at this cache. It's always great to meet up with cachers in the field, and especially with the creator of the series I was pursuing. He gave me a TB to take back home with me, and few nudges in finding the cache at hand since I was struggling. TFTC and the help!

No comments: