Saturday, May 28, 2011

April 22, 2011


Around the Bend

By: OLDOVAL Difficulty: 1.5 Terrain: 1.5 Container: Regular

First find of the year! We were staying at the SUU cabin for a family reunion, so this cache was pretty close. I was thankful for the southern exposure since all of the snow had melted, and it was a quick discovery. Unfortunately, we found it with the lid off and half full of water. I cleaned things up as best as I could, and added a new log sheet since the spiral bound one was completely soaked. What incredible views along the road! Thanks for bringing me here, and TFTC!



Here fishy, fishy, fishy

By: Jonny13bravo Difficulty: 1.5 Terrain: 1.5 Container: Regular

First visit of the year! Staying at the SUU cabin for a family reunion, this was the closest cache. I was wishing I'd taken the time to put on the snowshoes since I postholed a bit on the way up. Fortunately the immediate vicinity of the cache was completely clear of snow, and I made a quick find. Very nicely done on the camouflage! The entire park area was riddled with snow caves. On the way down, I managed to step on one, and had a bit of a start as it collapsed. The receding snow has revealed the dross left over from winter camping. I collected 4 bungee cords, a hammer, and a shovel, as well as CITOing a bunch of trash. TFTC.

No comments: