Sunday, January 25, 2009

January 24, 2009

Pretty Sea Centro de Compras

By: Lyndalou2 Difficulty: 1.5 Terrain: 1.0 Container: Small


Our only urban find of the day. The attachment mechanism had failed, and we found the cache lower than what was probably intended after a few moments of searching. I rehid the cache in the way the owner intended. The container was a very interesting shape, and we wondered what it had originally held. Thanks!



X Marks the Spot

By: Batch218 Difficulty: 1.5 Terrain: 3.5 Container: Small


Great views of Pacifica, although a lot was obscured by fog today. Thanks for placing a cache along our way.



Old Fence

By: batch218 Difficulty: 2.0 Terrain: 2.5 Container: Not chosen


Out for a hike to the top on this foggy morning. Everything was wet and dripping around the cache, and I got a bit wet retrieving it. TFTC.



Piney

By: batch218 Difficulty: 1.5 Terrain: 2.5 Container: Small


Oh, I get it. Piney, but not 'BIG' Piney. As you probably gathered, I was a bit confused about where the cache would be hidden. Thanks!



To everything - turn, turn, turn

By: batch218 Difficulty: 2.5 Terrain: 2.5 Container: Small


The dogs were really barking after traipsing all over Montara Mountain today. Thanks for a quick stop to rest!



Along the Trail

By: Batch218 Difficulty: 1.5 Terrain: 3.5 Container: Small


I love to drive my jeep off-road, and found myself wishing I could drive up this road instead of hike. I wonder what the fine would be if a ranger caught you up here in a vehicle? Probably not worth the risk! TFTC.



Intersection No. 2

By: batch218 Difficulty: 1.0 Terrain: 3.5 Container: Micro


A steep climb to get up here, but unfortunately the views were obscured by fog. TFTC!



The Coastsiders' Nemesis

By: begneiss Difficulty: 4.0 Terrain: 3.5 Container: Small


As a proud (?) owner of a PN40, I'm still waiting for DeLorme to update their firmware to include waypoint projection as a feature. (It's promised, although there is a workaround that I discovered later...) So, my role was to start searching under every bush when we got in the vicinity, which was no small task. I think I did it until airsax and bthomas realized that they weren't using the correct datum, and then I wandered off to get a snack. A few minutes later, I heard the eureka shout. TFTC.



Farallone Marker

By: Team feline Difficulty: 2.0 Terrain: 3.5 Container: Regular


Foggy! Unfortunately we didn't get to appreciate the views at all today. What a fun hike! TFTC.

No comments: