Sunday, January 25, 2009

January 17, 2009

The Crossroads

By: TimberToo Difficulty: 2.0 Terrain: 3.0 Container: Small


After studying the aerials and maps for quite awhile, I decided that there was closer access to this cache than either Woodside Rd or Skyline Blvd. After wandering around in the neighborhood by Alice's I eventually found it. [8D] So, I guess didn't really earn the smilie with a lot of climbing, but it was neat to come in by this secret park entrance. TFTC.



'Wunderful' Manzanita

By: TimberToo Difficulty: 2.0 Terrain: 2.5 Container: Small


Coming in from the Stadler Rd (mid mountain) entrance, there's still some serious climbing to do between Crossroads and this cache. To add insult to injury, I took the Alambique instead of the Skyline trail. After getting to about 500' from the cache, I finally realized my mistake. The choice was either to go back around (3 plus miles and all that elevation), or bushwhack straight up the hillside. Whew, what a dilema! In the end, I did sign the log. [;)] Thanks for bringing me to a beautiful spot and a great park!



Kings Mountain 2

By: S L Best Buds Difficulty: 2.0 Terrain: 3.0 Container: Regular


The boys and I were out for a hike on this fantastic winter afternoon. The original Kings Mountain cache was the second one we ever found, nearly six years ago, so lots of good memories for us around here. Thanks for bringing us back!



Deer Meadow

By: dr.dolittle faith Difficulty: 1.5 Terrain: 2.0 Container: Small


After hiking in afternoon shade for most of the way, we finally emerged to bright sunshine in this lovely meadow. Thanks for pointing out the spot, and TFTC.

No comments: