Sunday, August 17, 2008

August 9, 2008

Long Valley View

By: mrsr71 Difficulty: 2.0 Terrain: 2.0 Container: Other


What a fun little trek to get to GZ. Awesome views! Any off-road trip isn't complete without a little pinstriping! Thanks,



Rocks With Legs

By: notsosmart Difficulty: 2.0 Terrain: 3.0 Container: Regular


I was looking forward to seeing some Big Horn Sheep during my descent of Silver Canyon, but it was not to be. That was some road though! TFTC.



Check-Up

By: MamaLili and GPSCache Difficulty: 1.0 Terrain: 1.0 Container: Regular


Thanks for the quick find along the road to the top. Several cars rushed by while I was signing the log. I think they were hoping to get a campsite.



Cedar Flat Cache

By: Tara & Katie Difficulty: 1.0 Terrain: 2.0 Container: Regular


Thanks for the oldie! I needed to let the engine in the Jeep cool off and this was a good way to do it. Lots of climbing to get here, and a good bit more to get to the Bristlecone forest. TFTC.



A Cache @ Rick's Rocks

By: MtnFrog & Camel and Snoogans Difficulty: 2.0 Terrain: 5.0 Container: Regular


After wandering around further down Owens Valley, I finally found the correct turn-off and made my way up to the end of the road. I found the cache after stumbling around in the bushes a bit and scratching my legs. As I was getting ready to leave, about 8 cars came up the road and at least 40 people piled out. It was some sort of youth group headed out for a day of rock climbing. The timing was excellent. If I'd been 5 minutes earlier, a traffic jam would have been the result. TFTC.



The Salmon of Doubt

By: Snoogans, MtnFrog & Camel Difficulty: 5.0 Terrain: 5.0 Container: Regular


An interesting spot. I loved the trek getting there. I sure missed all my gba buddies. Better a week late than never though. TFTC.



Veet Voojagig's Ballpoint Planet: Wormhole #1 Ca.

By: Snoogans, MtnFrog & Camel Difficulty: 1.5 Terrain: 5.0 Container: Regular


Awesome views! Onward and upward. TFTC.



The End (or Beginning) of The Long Valley

By: ~`Fallen`~ and Uncleugene Difficulty: 2.5 Terrain: 3.5 Container: Regular


I was trying to autoroute to the Salmon of Doubt cache and ran into a bunch of locked gates. Finally I gave up, and as I was heading back to the highway passed by your cache. Thanks!



Zurich

By: cliffhanger10 Difficulty: 2.0 Terrain: 1.5 Container: Regular


Thanks for showing me an interesting old site. I was pretty nervous retrieving the cache though!



Trees of age

By: Bagdad & Trooper Difficulty: 3.0 Terrain: 2.0 Container: Small


This cache was well worth the effort to get to it. Probably the highest elevation cache I've found yet. It's just amazing that the Bristlecone pines survive here; it seems that not too much else does. TFTC.



So many options

By: Tkrain Difficulty: 1.0 Terrain: 1.5 Container: Small


I thought of this cache later on when I was looking for a motel for the night...I had to check a bunch of spots before I found it. Heh!



Laurel Lake Switchback

By: Team Perks Difficulty: 1.5 Terrain: 3.5 Container: Regular


Lots of traffic on the road to Laurel Lakes. I had to back down about 500' to the cache parking so that a couple of vehicles coming down could pass. TFTC.



Ode to Ranboze and bthomas

By: Snoogans Difficulty: 4.5 Terrain: 5.0 Container: Regular


bthomas introduced me to 4x4 caching so it is only appropriate that I pay my respects at this cache. What a fantastic adventure getting to Laurel Lakes. Thanks for placing the cache and providing the opportunity to explore. Getting ready to leave, I saw a group of firefighters coming down. A well deserved R & R for them! TFTC.



Laurel Creek

By: tom4props Difficulty: 2.0 Terrain: 3.5 Container: Regular


What a wonderful spot to rest and cool off. Thanks for placing a cache along this beautiful canyon.



Laurel Lakes

By: tom4props Difficulty: 1.5 Terrain: 3.5 Container: Regular


I loved the trek up! Thanks for sharing this beautiful place!



Mammoth View Cache

By: HB Lunatics Difficulty: 1.5 Terrain: 3.0 Container: Micro


The Sherwin Lakes fire is mopping up and the road to Laurel Lakes is open. Yeah! Thanks for placing a cache along this spectactular 4x4 road!

No comments: