Sunday, August 17, 2008

August 8, 2008

Tufa Towers

By: Mc5 Difficulty: 1.0 Terrain: 1.0 Container: Not chosen


This was a highlight of my Eastern Sierra trip. Thanks for the informative cache page! The Tufa was spectatular and the slimy feel of the water really interesting. Thanks!



Hunter Valley

By: Semi-Hex Difficulty: 1.0 Terrain: 1.5 Container: Regular


A couple of trucks passed by on their way down the dirt road. I don't know what they might be 'hunting' this time of year! But, hey, they probably thought the same of me. [;)] TFTC.



What a View (Part Three)

By: scooterman Difficulty: 1.0 Terrain: 1.0 Container: Micro


I found it in the late afternoon. The breeze was really whistling! Magnificent though. TFTC.



Fishing Hole

By: Brute-Force Difficulty: 2.0 Terrain: 1.5 Container: Small


Hot and dry now. Nice view of the river. TFTC.



Wild America

By: soggy boots and Baggy Britches Difficulty: 1.5 Terrain: 1.0 Container: Regular


I love travelling the back roads. It takes longer, but there are always interesting sights to see. TFTC!



Redtail Flyway

By: soggy boots and Baggy Britches Difficulty: 1.0 Terrain: 3.0 Container: Regular


I've never been on this stretch of pavement before. Twisty and steep! Thanks for getting me out of the car to appreciate it fully.



In The Rim Of The World

By: Death_on_Wings Difficulty: 2.0 Terrain: 1.0 Container: Micro


Headed up, up, up. Thanks for marking a spot for me to assess my progress. Still a ways to go, actually. TFTC.



No lake access

By: Photom Difficulty: 1.5 Terrain: 1.5 Container: Regular


I searched a long time and wished I'd had the alternate coordinates. Thanks for another cache along the way!



Mono Lake Water Balance

By: Bernd das Brot Team (revived by TerryDad2) Difficulty: 1.0 Terrain: 1.0 Container: Not chosen


Thanks for a very interesting earthcache. I learned a lot about the lake and it's history.



Glass Flow 2 / Obsidian Dome

By: Transit / Bansheezz Difficulty: 2.0 Terrain: 3.0 Container: Regular


This was a really interesting place. I was sorry that I didn't get to is before the light started to fade. TFTC!



ACORNS

By: Photom Difficulty: 2.5 Terrain: 1.5 Container: Not chosen


Got it. Thanks for the botany lesson!



Trailer for sale or rent

By: jpd43 Difficulty: 1.5 Terrain: 2.5 Container: Small


Great view, and I didn't need much of an excuse to let the engine on the Jeep cool off a bit. TFTC.



Big Cat

By: jpd43 Difficulty: 1.5 Terrain: 1.5 Container: Micro


I saw the big cat while passing by and just knew there had to be a cache. So I stopped, turned on the GPSr and voila! Thanks!



Tioga Pass View Point

By: mrsr71 Difficulty: 1.0 Terrain: 1.5 Container: Micro


Ummm...I found it. Yes, it was quite a ways from my zero. There were some other people there enjoying the view; hopefully I wasn't the cause of a muggling. TFTC.



Grand Army of the Republic

By: TeamJake2 Difficulty: 2.0 Terrain: 1.5 Container: Micro


On my way to higher elevations and cooler temperatures, but this was a pleasant stop along the way. Thanks for pointing out a historical monument!



SonicBust!

By: TeamJake2 Difficulty: 1.0 Terrain: 1.0 Container: Micro


Passing through. Stopped for gas at Costco and paid less than $4 per gallon. Never thought I'd be excited about that! TFTC.



Old Tioga Road

By: Team Perks Difficulty: 1.0 Terrain: 1.5 Container: Regular


I stopped to let the brakes cool on the way to Mammoth. Thanks for the nice big cache.



Grave of the Unknown Prospector

By: mrsr71 Difficulty: 1.0 Terrain: 1.5 Container: Micro


An appropriate tribute. Thanks for pointing it out.



Glass Flow

By: transit/bansheezz Difficulty: 2.0 Terrain: 1.5 Container: Regular


I found a space in the nearby campground and then hurried up the trail to see the Obsidian Dome before dark. Thanks for placing a cache to guide the way!

No comments: