Sunday, July 27, 2008

July 6, 2008

Tarantula Junction

By: TimberToo Difficulty: 2.0 Terrain: 2.5 Container: Small


This was a fun little hike on a warm afternoon. Getting to the posted coordinates was the first challenge, but I knew the area and realized that close as the crow flies doesn't mean it's as close as you'd think! I followed the clues easily, even though I didn't really know what a 'Tarantula meadow' would look like. Make sure you pass through the area between the posted coordinates and the wooden bridge carefully as there is a large bee hive in a hollow branch rig ht above the trail. Choosing the Loma Avenue entrance meant that I quite a haul back up the hill at the end. Pick your poison though, if you start at the Brittan entrance, you'll get your share of climbing both at the start and at the end. Thanks for a fun letterbox hybrid!



I Don't Seafood

By: Quypakid Difficulty: 1.5 Terrain: 1.5 Container: Small


I like Pete's harbor; it's so...out of character for this area. The breeze was nice and helped me cool off after a hot hike up in Eaton Park. Several other visitors today, but I'm the first to log. Thanks for placing another cache here.

No comments: