Sunday, April 08, 2007

April 7, 2007

Kota'ti

By: Chaosorder Difficulty: 1.5 Terrain: 1.0 Container: Micro


Since I arrived at the scavenger hunt a little early, this cache seemed like a good way to occupy my time. Thanks for the introduction to local history!



Help, I'm being retained

By: Moozer Difficulty: 1.5 Terrain: 1.5 Container: Small


I was with British Invasion and vaccine for today's scavenger hunt, and we were the FTF group on this cache. After proudly collecting moozer's wooden nickel and our first list of scavenger items, we peeled off to further adventures! TFTC.



Fore-gone conclusion

By: Moozer Difficulty: 1.5 Terrain: 1.5 Container: Small


I was out with vaccine and British Invasion for the scavenger hunt. We followed another team right past a no tresspassing sign and apparently avoided a large patch of poison oak in doing so. A wise choice, IMHO. TFTC.



Rusty Road Rail

By: Mr.Moo Difficulty: 1.0 Terrain: 1.5 Container: Micro


A quick detour during the scavenger hunt since vaccine needed a minute or two to track down the location of some of our items. British Invasion and I were initally searching on the wrong side of the road, but then I thought to check the logical spot. Bingo!



Long Stay in Sonoma

By: Moozer Difficulty: 1.5 Terrain: 1.5 Container: Small


I like visiting this type of cache, although this time I felt a bit disrespectful since there was an elderly gentleman laying flowers on his wife's grave nearby. For me, the scavenger hunt item at another cemetary where we visited the the graves of people killed in the 1906 earthquake was one of the highlights of the day. TFTC.



Hey you, Calyptus

By: Moozer Difficulty: 1.5 Terrain: 1.5 Container: Small


Heading back west after touring Sonoma, we picked up another list. Lots of things on the list to collect, and so little time left me wishing we'd been asked to bag a few more geocaching smilies. TFTC.



Cotati West

By: Moozer Difficulty: 1.5 Terrain: 1.5 Container: Small


We met a couple of boys carrying a hand made "Don't park in our driveway" sign down to the street. I tried to engage them in friendly coversation while British Invasion made the find, but they were not buying it. I suppose a couple of dozen scavenger hunt teams would make me skeptical too. TFTC.



Mocha Mama 2

By: DaveQ Difficulty: 2.5 Terrain: 1.5 Container: Small


We stopped to find this cache after trying to get a WaMu pen for the scavenger hunt. The bank was closed, but someone actually showed up and went in after hours. I begged her to get me a pen while she was inside, but it didn't work. Sigh. I'm not a bank robber; I'm just a geocacher for heaven's sake! Oh, I swapped bugs.



Duck Duck Duck

By: swagendave Difficulty: 1.0 Terrain: 1.0 Container: Micro


I was part of the FTF group on this cache while out with vaccine and British Invasion on the scavenger hunt. Thanks for placing new caches for us to enjoy!



The Sonoma County Cachevenger Hunt

By: Moozer Difficulty: 1.0 Terrain: 1.5


Thanks for putting together a great event! I enjoyed the day with vaccine and British Invasion touring Sonoma county. There's pleny to see, and I'll be back to discover more!

No comments: