Monday, January 02, 2006

December 28, 2005

Alice's Restaurant: I found it after a short search. Although the skies were clearing today, recent storms had done their work, as the log was soaked. I carefully opened it up and spread it out, but it was too wet to sign. After all of this, I looked up and realized that a couple was eating their lunch directly across from me. Fortunately they were oblivious: her with a book, him hunkered down over a bowl of soup. If he'd gotten his mouth any closer to that bowl, the spoon wouldn't have been necessary. TFTC.

Coyote's Corner: Pretty wet and windy today. Chatted a bit with the same fellow OGBO met and photographed a few weeks ago. Funny how he seemed to expect me to follow him, and then looked disappointed when I eventually turned back. Plenty of evidence of coyotes: every few feet along the trail I'd see the ground squirrel burrows dug up and fresh dirt scattered about. First of several in a nice looping trail. TFTC.

Russian Runoff: More like Russian cascade or Russian Torrent today. I loved the sound of water tumbling rapidly down the hill. TFTC.

Ancient Oaks: I found this cache on a cold, windy, and rainy day. Beautiful trees! TFTC.

The Fabulous Furry Fir: Beautiful trees and a wonderful area. TFTC.

Bobwire Bobcat: Quick find while climbing the ridgeline. After climbing out of the trees, I followed a trail into the fog. Suddenly, it sounded like an airplane was bearing down on me. It must have been quite a ways above, but without the benefit of sight it seemed like a crash was coming for sure. Scary!

Eddie the 1st Returns: Nice hike; great view. TFTC.

Skyline Ridge View: Nice loop. I saw several spots for more caches, and am marking them down on the to do list! Thanks!

SROSP Trailhead cache: The cache container nearly burned a hole in my retinas...after I finally oriented myself in the right direction. That took 10 minutes. TFTC.

LR10: Driving by...couldn't resist one so close. Thanks for the smilie.

Meet at the Crossroads: I've seen a similar hide up further north. Slipped my find between a guy just finishing lunch and a guy pulling up with an overheated engine. TFTC.

PMAX - Page Mill Animal Exchange: I've been by quite a few times, but never stopped. The views under clearing skies were great...then I dove down to business. TFTC.

Foothils OSP Gateway: Thanks for the quickie.

Middle of the Street: I'll bet the cache gets more visitors than the payphone. TFTC.

No comments: