Wednesday, August 10, 2005

August 6, 2005

A 17 cache day at Butano SP and environs with a great bunch of geocachers. That's my personal record for one day!

Butano Creek: First cache of the day with plans to walk a loop through the park. Nicely hidden and well stocked. Thanks!

Escape: Quite an adventure finding this cache! Thanks for the encouraging clues and a preview of the cache theme to come! I picked up Kablooey's 3 iron. TFTC.

High and Dry: Up, up, up! Whew, this was a lot of work! Great views! Thanks.

Mystery Trail: Another cache to mark the ascent to the top! Nearly there. TFTC.

A.L.F.: I'll keep my two feet solidly on the ground, if you don't mind: that clearing looked too narrow for much of anything with a plane. Somebody's maintaining that cinderblock hut, though. Thanks.

Unknown Alien Cache: I agree with your theory. Nothing else makes any sense. That wasn't a really a cache, either. It's an interstellar lost and found. Right? TFTC.

Where Water Comes From: Scoured the immediate area and promptly declared, "No cache here!" Wrong! Very nicely done. TFTC.

Piece of Cake: I found it! TFTC.

Olmost Heaven: It felt good to take a load off for a few minutes. Wonderful view! TFTC.

Quite Appeeling: I've heard that the coastal fog helps grow really great fruit! Plenty of proof of that around here.

Oat Bun: WoW is too kind. I forgot the club, plain and simple. Hopefully the other group took it with them. Sorry, Kablooey!

Going Gazos: No wasps; whew! After peering at things from the right angle, several of us spotted the cache, and directed WoW from to it from a distance. Thanks.

Candelabra: I was pretty tuckered out from the previous 4 hours of hiking, but made the trek down to this cache with the group. Fantastic! It was well worth the trip! What causes something like that to happen? Thanks for showing us the spot.

Take a Bite: WoW offered to sign the log for me, and I happily accepted. Whew, I'm bushed. A fun and challenging series. Thanks!

First or Last: At the last cache of the day, we finally had to deal with a little muggle activity. Nothing serious mind you, but it did seem a little out of place. Mr. Calipidder was feeling pretty comfortable with us at this point, revealing his true screen name: 'Drunken Marmot'. I was pretty wobbly myself, but all in all it was a great way to spend the day in a beautiful place. Thanks!

Mt. Hope Cemetery: Escaping the hustle and bustle of the tourist crowd down in town, bthomas and I ate our take-out lunch within the peaceful confines of the cemetery. I was really suprised by the dates on some of the markers; a few were over 100 years old! Thanks for an interesting and informative cache!

San Gregorio: There was time for just one more cache before heading home. bthomas was suggesting a couple that he'd already done, but we determined that this was one we both still needed to find. TFTC.

No comments: