Saturday, November 06, 2010

November 5, 2010

The Tolkien Series - Gimli

By: caccbag Difficulty: 2.0 Terrain: 2.0 Container: Micro


I risked the illegal parking and appreciated the mental and visual handrails. I was briefly thrown my the locking key box on the guard rail, thinking that was the cache, but I suppose it's for the lock on the gate. TFTC.




The Tolkien Series- Mt. Doom

By: caccbag Difficulty: 2.0 Terrain: 2.0 Container: Micro


I love the views from Mt. Doom! ...and it was a popular spot today. While I was searching, one fellow noticed my widget, and wondered what the elevation was. I was happy to provide the information. After he wandered off to enjoy the northerly view, I took care of business. Thanks.




The Tolkien Series - Farmer Maggot

By: caccbag Difficulty: 3.5 Terrain: 4.0 Container: Small


Thanks for the pleasant hike. It was breezy and cool today, so I didn't mind the effort at all. Searching for the cache was another matter! How do you find these places? Eventually I called bthomas for a lifeline, and although his memory was hazy, he helped my narrow the search. Finally, as I was manuvering around I put my hand on something less than solid. It was quite lucky, actually. Very nicely done! TFTC.




The Tolkien Series - Mirkwood Forest

By: caccbag Difficulty: 1.5 Terrain: 2.0 Container: Micro


I parked along the road. After a short bushwhack and slide on my rear, I was at GZ. Probably not the intent, oh well. Very in theme location! TFTC.




The Tolkien Series - The Two Towers

By: caccbag Difficulty: 3.5 Terrain: 3.0 Container: Micro


Whew! What a tough hide! Fortunately, coordinates were spot on, and a previous log provided a crucial hint. TFTC!

No comments: