Thursday, November 20, 2008

October 19, 2008

Hardrock Memorial Cache

By: The Real McCoy's Difficulty: 1.0 Terrain: 2.0 Container: Regular


Great canyon! Thanks for the tribute cache.




Whitney Arch

By: Team Termath Difficulty: 2.0 Terrain: 2.0 Container: Micro


After seeing one of the FTF prizes in that new cache, I new exactly what to look for at Whitney Arch. Yup. Funny how geo-sense works! Thanks for marking this cool arch.




Westward Ho!

By: Team Termath Difficulty: 2.0 Terrain: 2.0 Container: Regular


Part of the FTF hoarde. Thanks for a beautifully stocked cache! What great booklets. Thanks for showing us this interesting and historic area.




Kl üdge Duchess

By: arnoldbikerider sweetypeeties Difficulty: 3.0 Terrain: 1.5 Container: Micro


Well, since you've recorded my signature from the cache log, I guess I better make it official on-line too. [;)] Thanks for the explicit hints! After pacing things out in the darkness, our seaerch area was reduced considerably. A good hide!




Rock Creek Palisade

By: The Real McCoy's Difficulty: 2.0 Terrain: 3.0 Container: Regular


Lots of fun exploring Rock Creek Canyon after a weekend in the eastern Sierra. There were so many beautiful sights, and this canyon was right up there. It's in DeLorme page #122 as well! TFTC.




Rock Creek Canyon Cache

By: The Real McCoy's Difficulty: 1.5 Terrain: 2.0 Container: Regular


I saw the turn-off to the cache, but the lag in the widget led me to believe that parking along the paved road was the best. Not! I soaked my foot crossing the stream. Thanks for the adventure.




Cache "Reward"

By: team_indy Difficulty: 2.0 Terrain: 4.0 Container: Regular


What a great adventure driving into a mine! Thanks for placing a cache to mark this interesting and exciting place.




A Claustrophobic's Nightmare/Just Say NO to Crack

By: Snoogans, MtnFrog Camel Difficulty: 5.0 Terrain: 5.0 Container: Not chosen


It's good to clear up a previous DNF. On my first visit, I wasn't even close. As I was putting the cache back, bthomas said, 'Are you sure it's under there far enough?' and with another slight nudge, we all heard it drop kerplink another foot or so. That led to a hurculean recovery effort and 15 minutes of arguments about whether the rock pile looked "natural" or not after we arranged it so that the cache wouldn't fall again. Heh! Thanks for bringing me back to a really cool place!




Mono's Pioneers

By: campyc Difficulty: 1.0 Terrain: 1.0 Container: Virtual


I love these old cemetaries. Such a beautiful view too. Thanks!




Manzanar Virtual Cache

By: GoodDogSD Difficulty: 1.0 Terrain: 1.0 Container: Virtual


Even now, all these years later, I still felt the sadness of this place. Thanks for marking it.

No comments: