Sunday, April 01, 2007

March 24, 2007

Steinbeck #5--Rosie's Garden

By: Badwaterboy Difficulty: 2.0 Terrain: 1.5 Container: Small


A very nice garden! Thanks for showing me the spot.



Top of Old La Honda

By: bthomas Difficulty: 1.5 Terrain: 1.5 Container: Small


The last cache of a long and satisfying day. I was out with the cache owner, kindredlaugh and UncleTom, and of course they made me lead search for it, then promptly ignored me when I went off in the wrong direction. Back on course, it was a quick find. Whew! 2000 caches. A fun journey, and one that continues on!



The World's Largest Artichoke

By: Chickasaw Difficulty: 1.5 Terrain: 1.0 Container: Virtual


Thanks for pointing out this spot! I think we must have been acting a bit too much like tourists: a couple of locals, who were guiltily enjoying the famous treats, too, offered to take our picture. Thanks.



SCZ/DCP - Santa Cruz Degree Confluence Point
By: Iron Chef Difficulty: 1.0 Terrain: 2.0 Container: Regular


Out with bthomas, kindredlaugh, and UncleTom, this was a must do cache. Fortunately we didn't have to dodge any golf balls, but we did pick the wrong trail. I found bthomas' 3 year-old log in the logbook and then we signed many pages further back. TFTC.



The Fun Starts Here

By: Thefogheads Difficulty: 2.5 Terrain: 1.5 Container: Regular


Thanks for the very descriptive hint. Our GPSr's were not cooperating. Lovely spot, though. TFTC.



What A View!

By: molly1414 Difficulty: 1.5 Terrain: 1.5 Container: Regular


I agree: a fantastic view! Fortunately we didn't have to search 40' south where our GPSr's were pointing. [:O] The school of lost digitalfish are on their way back to the fishery! TFTC.



Big Green Water Tank

By: Team_Unicycle Difficulty: 2.0 Terrain: 2.5 Container: Small


On the road to this cache, UncleTom asked me if I wanted the hint for this cache. I stubbornly refused...and then proceeded to wander around while he patiently waited for us to find it. The roads around here sure are narrow!



Chews A Ridge

By: bikenxs Difficulty: 2.0 Terrain: 2.5 Container: Regular


It was a beautiful day for a cache excursion and plenty of good company to enjoy it with. SMILIE The new (to me!) XJ is now properly christened! (Thanks Nazgul for recording the event. [8D]) It would have been fun to continue on down the road, but I don't think they would have appreciated our herd at the Monastary too much. As it was, we probably looked like ants swarming around the cache and benchmark. I loved the views! Thanks for the cache!

No comments: