Wednesday, February 07, 2007

January 4, 2007

Time spent near the Ford-Temple bike path will... (Traditional Cache)
TFTC! Sorry, I have nothing to contribute to the story. I was a perfect child and never spent any time outside after dark associating with juvenile deliquents.

Hyde and Ivy on the Bank of the Mighty River (Traditional Cache)
Fortunately we had the place to ourselves! I really liked the creative hide technique, and I agree with vaccine that night-time with a flashlight is the best way to spot it. Thanks for the chilly fun. We got a chuckle out of the cache page, too.

Los Gatos Creek - Revisited #2 (Traditional Cache)
I forgot and left my flashlight in the car, so vaccine was pretty much on his own. Oh, that and the fact that the cop slowed down and spot-lighted my car left me pretty distracted.

Sequoia Sempervirus (Traditional Cache)
Simply brilliant. I must have circled the area at least 20 times. Hints and lifelines focused our search, but it was still tough. I'm writing this out: ***Thanks for the cache***.

Doerr n't complain about this! (Traditional Cache)
I fondled a lot of bark, but in the end slunk off frustrated. grrr.

Behind 24 (Traditional Cache)
A cop, a car parked right on top of our zero, and muggles looking even more suspicious than us...what an adventure. Fortunately vaccine had a lifeline.

Hand in Hand (Traditional Cache)
I was starting to worry that we weren't going to be able to find this cache quickly. Several passes around the zero point failed to produce it, but vaccine widened his search and success was ours. It was cold enough that we didn't linger. TFTC.

Along the De Anza Trail 10 - Camden Oak (Traditional Cache)
Chilly, windy night. We were stomping our feet, rubbing our hands together, and failing to find anything in plain sight. Eventually I put my hand on it, and we retreated to the car to sign the log.

Bizarre, vous avez dit bizarre? (Traditional Cache)
I'd call this park full of...potential. Thanks. Allons nous en!

Tis the Season (Traditional Cache)
I liked the suprise! Although because a few months have gone by since it was placed, I was expecting something a little different!

Somewhere in Saratoga (Traditional Cache)
I loved the challenge of this cache: we got within 200 feet a couple of times but could proceed no further. Finally the site gave up it's secrets! Thank goodness for maps, but curse the autorouter! On scene, it was getting dark fast, but fortunately we didn't have to resort to the flashlights. Thanks!

Any Happy Hybrid Rat (Traditional Cache)
Best wishes, even though it's over 2.5 years late. Nothing appropriate to trade, but thanks for leaving a nice big cache for us to find!

Rodeo Creek (Traditional Cache)
I've been caching solo for a while today, but it's good to join up with vaccine as evening approaches. TFTC.

Raynor Park Dragons (Traditional Cache)
Nice park! No issues searching on this cold and windy day. TFTC.

To the Night Bean! (Traditional Cache)
It was right where I expected it to be. I took note of your attachment technique. Thanks for the pointer!

Sunnyvale (Traditional Cache)
A quick find, although I got interrupted by a maintainance man who was certainly wondering what I was doing back there. Thanks.

Stoned (Traditional Cache)
I walked right up to it. Good mojo today I suppose. Thanks.

Sunnyvale Skate Park 2 (Traditional Cache)
Nice park, and being used by a few die-hards on a windy and cool day. The cache is no longer magnetically attached, but is fixed in place. Thanks.

Sunnyvale Technology Museum (Multi-cache)
It was kinda tough for me to stay 'on task' (...at least that's what my first-graders call it. ) Exhibit D has been damaged and is missing, probably a herd of pushy shoppers trying to get the latest gadget. No matter, I was able to finish it off with brute-force. Thanks.

Lakewood Park (Multi-cache)
After working my way between park employees that were cleaning up debris around stage one, I found the old cache at stage 2 as well. Suprisingly, I also found the work ID badge of a cacher I know! Amazingly enough, she found the cache nearly two months ago. Good Luck!

Moffett Park (Traditional Cache)
No Luck for me.

Burrowing Owls (Traditional Cache)
A brisk day for a walk along the bay! I'm feeling a bit concerned for the owls: There's lots of graded earth and construction quite close-by. I hope they're not feeling too threatened...Thanks.

Stevens Creek Marsh (Traditional Cache)
Rainy, windy, cold! The marsh was really full of water; lots of runoff, I suppose. TFTC.

A 16th century cache (Traditional Cache)
Swoop and grab. TFTC!

Bad Luck (Traditional Cache)
I didn't get stopped, but I decided to spend the day caching anyhow. Thanks for the quickie.

13,000 Vehicles Daily (Traditional Cache)
No traffic violations during my visit. I took a TB. Thanks.

Picket's Cache (Unknown Cache)
I found this cache in a pretty good downpour. The only thing stranger was that a man was moving the lawn of the house next door. Fortunately, I was shielded from his view! TFTC.

Big Game 2006 (Traditional Cache)
My New Year's wish is for Stanford to have a better team, but I'm afraid that Jim Harbaugh is not the ticket. Time will tell...TFTC.

ARBO'S GUIDE TO THE PAC-10 SERIES: STANFORD (Traditional Cache) I'd love to see the renovated stadium. Unfortunately they don't leave it open like they used to do when I was a kid. TFTC.

The House that Boyd and Jill Built (Traditional Cache)
True Story: I was in the doctor's office waiting room right before visiting this cache, and the nurse called 'Boyd Smith'. A very distinguished silver haired gentleman gets up to see the doctor. Then I visit the cache and notice that Boyd Smith is the name on the scoreboard. I wonder if it was the same person! TFTC.

No comments: