Sunday, February 25, 2007

February 21, 2007

mountain view

By: roadrunner5 Difficulty: 1.5 Terrain: 1.5 Container: Micro

Well, we pulled off the freeway for the TB hotel...this one was just another minute or two up the road, and I'm a sucker for a view. Thanks for pointing it out!



"Beacon" of Light in the Lost Hills

By: General Grant & The Mad Dog Difficulty: 1.5 Terrain: 1.0 Container: Regular

"Valero" of value is more like it. Toughest part about it was dodging the folks napping in their car. ...the Lost Hills sound like a place I'd like to visit though. Maybe next time around!



End of the Road

By: General Grant & The Mad Dog Difficulty: 1.5 Terrain: 1.0 Container: Small

We drove right up to it and made the quick find. There was a truck sitting outside a fence a little ways down the dirt road, but I'm not sure there was even anyone in the cab. The kids enjoyed the trading. TFTC.



The I-5 / Templin Hwy Travel Bug Hotel

By: mmcret Difficulty: 1.5 Terrain: 2.0 Container: Regular

On our way home from Disneyland, this one was just the ticket for some restless munchkins. TFTC!



Olive Tree

By: General Grant & The Mad Dog Difficulty: 1.0 Terrain: 1.0 Container: Regular

Whew! For a moment or two I thought I was going to DNF this cache. Lots of places to look, and fortunately Mrs. mjp303 spotted it. Thanks.



Harris Ranch Micro

By: LarsThorwald Difficulty: 1.0 Terrain: 1.0 Container: Micro

I found this just moments before a CHP rolled by. My hands smelled really pleasant afterwards! TFTC.



Goldstar Cache

By: Team Dakiba Difficulty: 1.0 Terrain: 1.0 Container: Micro

A thankfully uneventful find after what happened at the other one across the street. TFTC.



"Fast Food I"

By: TeamTek Difficulty: 1.0 Terrain: 1.0 Container: Micro

Thanks for the smilie on the long trek from Disneyland back to the Bay Area!



I Hate I-5, Sleeping Giants

By: Haicoole Difficulty: 1.0 Terrain: 1.0 Container: Micro

Just after I palmed the cache, this guy down on his luck walks up and tries to sell me his cell phone. He's broke and just needs a few bucks for gas money to get to Fresno. Either he's a smooth talker or I'm a softie because I gave him $20 and didn't even take the phone. After signing the log and putting the cache back I watched him give the same pitch to another traveller. Sigh. I hope he can live with himself; I know my conscience is clear. TFTC.



You need a break

By: georgeandmary Difficulty: 2.5 Terrain: 1.0 Container: Micro

Wow! This was one busy parking lot. I accidently bumped another car while opening my door. The guy honked at me, but didn't have the nerve to get out and have a look until I was across the way at the other cache. What a goober. TFTC.

No comments: