Friday, October 28, 2005

October 28, 2005

Totally Buggin': A quick find out of sight from people spending their lunch break in the parking lot. Why don't they get out and take a walk??? Well, at least their sedentary ways made my job easier. Thanks!

Castaway: I knew what it had to be, but still couldn't come up with the goods. Thanks for the stroll and the views though.

The Guy-y Cache: I found the cache partially buried in excavated dirt. Some sort of buried cables are being placed in a trench that runs literally a couple of feet from its hiding place. It suprising to me that the workers didn't notice the cache. I tried to hide it better, but it's still uncomfortably close to the work site.

Redwing: No birds today, but I enjoyed the hike all the same. Thanks!

Cool Cache View: A great view of the bay and planes on approach. I see a lot of the same over in my neighborhood on the other side of the bay, but never tire of it. Thanks!

Oyster Rustler's Point: I enjoyed exploring this stretch of the bay front. It looks like some sort of development is starting up nearby. I'm kind of confused about what the boundries of the park actually are. Thanks!

Cardiac Stretch: Thanks for showing me this great walking trail. Plenty of people out enjoying the mild temperatures on a Friday afternoon. I searched for a while, but the flowers on the bushes have gone to seed, and every time I would poke around in there I'd get a seed bath. Yuck! Still, as others have mentioned, I'm suprised I couldn't spot the cache. Thanks!

CITO Cache - San Leandro: I found the cache just sitting there in the weeds with 3 CITO kits and a damp log book. I tried to hide it better, but given the container's size, it was tough.

Marina Park - Northern Micro: Dogs and their owners, a soccer game, and plenty of people out getting some exercise (including me!). Thanks.

South of Marina Park - Southern Micro: The caches in this park are on my nearest page, so I though I better make the trek accross the bay and check things out. Thanks!

Wonder how you get there?: 3TF. I love the things you see while caching: So, I'm walking along and here comes a small hawk carrying a large rabbit. The rabbit is kicking and squirming like crazy. It's so heavy, and the motions are so vigorous that the hawk can't hang on and stay in the air. So the hawk drops the rabbit...onto the highway. In its fright, the rabbit runs into the tunnel. Five seconds later, I hear a loud WHACK! Talk about going from the frying pan into the fire! Oh, I found the cache too. Thanks.

No comments: