Monday, August 01, 2005

July 29, 2005

Skeggs Point: There was only one mountain biker at his car on the other side of the parking lot, so I zeroed out and got to work. Ah...there it is. Now, off for a hike! Thanks.

The Clearing: FTF!! 8:10am. Having been along this trail before going to Rain734's cache and the Tafoni, I knew right where it was. Well, finding it was another matter! Evil hide ! I nearly gave up a few times, but was determined to have the FTF and the WJTB that had eluded me over on Sugarloaf! BTW, the wax seal on the cache container must have gotten a little warm, since it has melted on one corner and oozed down the inside of the box. Not a big deal now, but the damage may continue. Left an unregistered 2005 USA geocoin. Thanks for the adventure.

This Old Stump: FTF!!! When I got to the area of the cache, I had only 2D reception on the satellites so I started searching everything that could somehow relate to the cache name. I found it in the 3rd one I searched. Thanks for bringing me out on this fine day to this great trail.

The Motherlode: This cache rounded out my sweep of Geekster caches in El Corte de Madera OSP. Very nicely hidden and stocked! Alas, I am a bit of a swag cheapskate, and had maxxed my budget for this trip over at 'The Clearing', and so just signed the log. Thanks for a great morning jaunt!

No comments: