Monday, May 09, 2005

May 9, 2005

Genen-cats: I came after work. There were lots of people leaving in their cars, and quite a few on the patio that looks out on the cache site. Don't they have some fermentors (or something) to check on? Despite all this activity, I was able to retreive and return the cache. It's amazing to me that there's no doggie daycare or kitty healthcare at Genentech. Isn't it a progressive and forward thinking company??? As I was leaving, I noticed an Abbott parking sticker on one of the cars, which caused a rush of memories to come flooding back, since I used to have one of those too. TFTC.

Hidden Coast: FTF!!! 1:45p. The best yet! This is my 4th GoToStJoseph hiking cache, and the most spectacular. What a great hike and an incredidble view at the finish. Today was perfect since the storm had cleared out the haze. I met up with a self appointed park ranger, who greeted me with, "Do I know you?", and seemed genuinely disappointed that I had ruined the solitude of his hike. Actually, I was suprised to see him there since my car was the only one at the trailhead. I suppose the mystery of alternative enterances will have to continue for now. Notes to future seekers: (1) The trail on the south ridge eventually takes you to the cache, just bide your time. (2) There are little sprigs of PO all around the cache. The next finder would be doing everyone a service by bringing clippers to cut it back. This cache was a fantastic experience. Thanks.

No comments: