Friday, April 22, 2005

April 22, 2005

The Professor's Cache: Like the previous finder, I had the place to myself this afternoon. The flowers were in still in bloom, and the cache was surrounded by a swath of little purple and white ones that I didn't recognize. Perhaps the Professor can enlighten me? Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera to show you a picture. In any case, thanks for bringing me out to this side of the bay for the first time. I would have lingered longer, but the skies were threatening rain. TFTC.

Forbidden Bridge: It just goes to show you what lengths a developer will go to put in a few houses here in California. "Look!" they say, "there's this funny little tract of land between the tracks and the canal that nobody wants. Let's 'create' a community." Amazing. I'll bet anybody $20 bucks that they were able to sell those houses for at least $100k more by building that overpass. Now everyone who lives out there doesn't feel like they live on the 'wrong side of the tracks'. Worth every penny, IMHO.

Union City Underground: "Tag Alley": Well, I didn't know I was going to feel like a 'tagger' while trying to find this cache. It was a bit uncomfortable, so I gave it one pass and then left. Everything cleanly painted within a couple hundred feet of the coordinates.

Ethel the Earwig: Scios was looking the other way for the 3 minutes this one took. I would have walked from the others, but rain was threatening. TFTC.

Whimsical Wonders: Nice. I was sorry the kids weren't with me on this one. After drawing an 'Eli-dile'...wait, no, it was a 'Crock-o-phant', I scrounged a tiny blanston12 signature button from the depths of the box. Cool. Thanks for the interesting cache activity.

Buelah the Butterfly: I couldn't search at first since there was a guy waiting for the bus. After returning from WW, I wandered around for a few minutes before the right angle gave me a glimpse. Somebody's feeding ferral cats just a few feet away.

Benny the Bedbug: Benny suggested I take one of those cool trading card sig items. I swear that thing's got more information on it than a baseball card. Maybe next time you could make one with a holographic image on it? Nothing seems too artistically challenging for you. Wow! Thanks.

No comments: