Saturday, February 19, 2005

February 19, 2005

Free WiFi #4: I guess I'm a little slow...paperless caching is my latest accomplishment. TFTC.

Energy Alternatives: Wow! This one turned out to be a lot more than I bargained for, but after about the 4th waypoint I had way too much invested to quit! Fun series and nice hide; worth more than just one smiley face, though.

Magic Forest: A quick score on my second visit. Thanks for the help since my GPSr would have had me searching at least 50' away.

Along the De Anza Trail 7 - Embarcadero: Not for the squemish given recent rains and lots of trees nearby. TFTC.

Historic Palo Alto 3 - RAFAEL’S RANCHO: I noticed a pencil on the ground, and shortly thereafter found the cache nearby. It was still missing its cap, which I found after giving the area a careful inspection. Unfortunately, the recent rains had already done their damage. The log is soaked, and so I didn't try to sign it. It could possibly be salvaged, but it's probably easier to start over.

Herring Box: I found the hiding spot, and even used the conveniently placed "extraction tool" when I failed to touch anything with my fingers. Either it's gone, or it's been pushed out of reach.
UPDATE: Non-find changed to find with permission of cache owner since it had gone missing. Thanks!

FREE PARKING: Nice! What a well thought out cache container. TFTC.

The Lord of the Ring: Log is drenched, so I didn't sign it; but still enjoyed this creative hide. Thanks.

No comments: