Friday, December 31, 2004

December 30, 2004

A fun afternoon caching with Ben, Claire and Maggie. The rain held off until the very end, and we went 6/6 on finds.

At What Cost?: One track mind = long search. 'nuf said.

Mayfield Puzzle: After several befuddled minutes, we put things together. Thanks for this very original hide. We laughed about it all the way to the next cache.

Crossing Adobe: I'd been here before for another cache, but never seen the plaque. It was well worth another visit.

Pete's Castle: I've been on this road before for another cache. It's always amazing how I miss things when I'm focused on that arrow. Thanks for sharing the story. BTW, the log is completely soaked. Even if I'd had a bag, it would have been too late. I had to carefully spread it out on the hood of the car to sign. TFTC.

The Purple Heart: Parked within 10 feet, but had to convince the guy in the golf cart that we really didn't want a ride over to the hospital. My purple heart was earned for 3 trips to the doctor in 2 months to get 'roids for PO. You'd think she would have been willing to call the darn Rx in for me after the first time. Beyond that, you'd think I could have been careful enough to avoid the cursed stuff after the first time.

The Sound of Silence: A very nice hike to an interesting location. I always thought that it was a retaining wall not a sound wall. The trail was quite muddy. TFTC.

No comments: